PTO Board Meeting Minutes - February 8, 2021, 3:45pm
3/23/2021 6:33 pm
2020-2021 Board Attendees:
Co-Presidents: Laura Weeshoff - Kiki Dupey - Teacher Representative: Holly Hooley - Jamie McCrensky- VP Hospitality: Melanie Frisone - Michelle Wilson - VP Finance: Tara McConnell - VP Fundraising: Maria Aldrich - VP Communications/App: Beth Williams - Alicia Haygood - Mary Olley – Dave McQuiston – VP Spring Events: Krista Kotsovos - VP Fall Events: Marissa Anderson - VP Outreach: Morgan Reader - SOL Liaison: Laurie Jones - Mandarin Liaison: Kerry Dandan Sullivan
- DCES Marquis looks fabulous!
- We have hit $20,000 with the Amazing Race
- We have a student from DCES, Sama Kafa, 4th grade, that finished 5th in the district spelling bee and will be moving on to regionals! She is new to our school. Riley is our runner up.
- Fast Bridge - language arts screener; k-3 is given reading assessment and iReady
- Mrs. Karr is teacher of the year for SUSD
- Do we have a teacher interested in leading garden club this year? Miss Rita can take kids out during after care
- Can we have the Lego Bricks and other after school activities restart - Navajo has their bricks program going. Could we open these just to potentially after care kids? Or to the entire campus?
- Kids club summer care - on our campus. Here and off campus at another site. City of Scottsdale won’t be on our campus.
- Will classrooms be using our STEAM carts that PTO purchased? Do we need to train teachers on these
- Use results based funding for charging stations/carts
- Mid Year Flyer went out
- Long sleeved spiritwear delivered! Still waiting on tie dye backorder which should be done soon
- 5th grade brick parent - do we have one?
- PTO paid for fifth grade cove water filling maintenance and picture frames
- 400 medium and 200 small power banks were donated to the school from Amanda; we will ask Sarah Crawford to design a sticker; along with a new logo; first they will go to all staff; then we will give them out at various PTO functions/events/raffles
VP Spring Events : Krista Kotsovos
- Amazing race - over $20,000!!!
- Mad scientist challenge - have all board members do a fun picture to kick it off
- Krista to meet with Mrs. Mills to help with planning.
- Drive in Movie? - need co chairs
- Considering fun run for April
VP Special Projects: Alyson Ashcroft
- Replace shade cover at first grade cove wash stations - ideally done before March.
- Shade structure at North Gate where teachers let students out. (Greg Skelton has suggestions for us here as well) and widen the walkway, add benches and shade between the parking lot and North Gate.
- Benches and shade structure at cafeteria so at least one class can eat outside
- Future possibility: shade structure at south gate
VP Communications/Marketing: Beth and Alicia
- Marketing: Ask our new front desk person (Christina?) to be one of our DCES Facebook post reps for our official DCES SUSD page? Does she have a school email account?
- Create list of parents that opted out of marketing (Ideally done at beginning of the year)
- Link DCES Instagram families page to our DCES SUSD page and remove “families”
So that posts will easily flow through; can we have our new front desk person do
this? And add Mrs. Mills, Colleen and Brenda if they are on instagram
- Highlight each teacher with their favorite quote from a student/family and the teacher’s picture.
- Kinder buddy day - we have tattoos, water bottles, paw shaped crayons and yard signs, order pencils. Drive through pick up? Ask them if they’ll give us our address?
- Highlight/show board members
- Selfie video with each board member - highlight one a week
WE NEED MORE! We have Pres. Finance and Comm Team. The rest??
VP Fall Events: Marissa Anderson
Family fun nights - *Take out nights at restaurants*
- Chick fil A - Total?
- NYPD Total?
- Panera tonight!!!
- Papa Johns will be on the following Mondays: 1/25, 2/22, 3/22, and 4/19. WIll do one with our game night.
- Need budget vote for funds. $2500 will cover 125 participants. Each family would be a participant; Voted on and approved
- What date? - email Mrs. Mills
- 3 or four rounds of trivia. Do we have prizes we can award for each round and best overall? Blankets in PTO closet, power bar chargers, 50/50
- Will schedule pizza night with it as fundraiser.
Mandarin Liaison: Kerry Dandan Sullivan
- Chinese New year celebrations Feb 12th!!
- Favors, crafts, Teacher meal, Tattoos
- Working on Shirt for spiritwear
Teacher Representative: Jamie McCrensky and Holly Hooley
- firstname.lastname@example.org should be the email for reimbursements
- Ok to buy child size masks with funds. - use pandemic funds; fifth grade will need larger masks.
VP Finance: Tara McConnell
VP Hospitality: Melanie Frisone and Michelle Wilson
- Valentine’s Day Giveaway - 10 - $10 Gift Card Baskets
- Early Release Lunches for Professional Development Days?
VP App: Dave, Mary
- Tour video?
- Email email@example.com for web/app needs
- Our Mandarin Rep: Kerry has a PTO email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- http://dcespto.org/partners has a page of links to our retail partners.
- Possible music video later in the year
VP Sponsorships: Maria Aldrich
VP Outreach: Morgan Reader