PTO Board Meeting Minutes - January 11, 2021, 3:45pm
3/23/2021 6:30 pm
2020-2021 Board Attendees:
Co-Presidents: Laura Weeshoff - Kiki Dupey - Teacher Representative: Holly Hooley - Jamie McCrensky- VP Hospitality: Melanie Frisone - Michelle Wilson - VP Finance: Tara McConnell - VP Fundraising: Maria Aldrich - VP Communications/App: Beth Williams - Alicia Haygood - Mary Olley – Dave McQuiston – VP Spring Events: Krista Kotsovos - VP Fall Events: Marissa Anderson - VP Outreach: Morgan Reader - SOL Liaison: Laurie Jones - Mandarin Liaison: Kerry Dandan Sullivan
- Holiday basket raffle a success; one more basket to raffle!
- Teachers given $100 each in Scholastic dollars, the rest to the library. Orders going out this week
- Rosetta Stone - can we get a discount for Mandarin? Or Duolingo May help for students quarantining; Yes Chinese is hard to navigate
- Shifting to work towards A + and integrating it in the classroom. No steam night this year.
- New Year’s One word challenge - 60 - 4x6 black frames - vote on this:
- Budget $90-110; Passed
- Coffee Bean for Kids, by John Gordon - one book for each class to purchase for next year - vote on this:
- Fifth Grade cove needs water filler maintenance or replacement - Michelle Fortino thinks Dennis installed them, can district maintain them? If we order through company that district has an agreement with.
- New DCES Marquee - were trees trimmed?
- Front office complete - Will open when Middle school is in person; front office position interviewing for this week; can we make video tour?
- Chalk Board - if Pre school / Pre k is gardening there, maybe one of them can decorate the chalk board? (ask at pick up)
- Need 5th grade brick parent / 5th grade celebration - or drive through (Through 5th grade room parents)
- Do we want to create a new PTO logo? - ask Sarah Crawford for help
- Long sleeve shirts are being ordered, sweatshirts are backordered 1 month - we need to let these families know, consider offering them size change, or if you need a refund. -Tara will email
- Chinese New Year Celebration - consider online? Dragon in person?; Email with Mrs. Chen; has a budget; $800 for the 3 events for the year; Kiki to email
- February 12th
- Parking lot after school - kids running around in the desert, reminder to be safe
Teacher Representative: Jamie McCrensky and Holly Hooley
- email@example.com should be the email for reimbursements
- Amy Jo Smith - re teacher reimbursement, certified; she’s allotted $250; - Please have her email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ok to buy child size masks with funds. - use pandemic funds; fifth grade will need larger masks.
- 5th grade cove - tree/cactus update
- Legacy spending - on campus schoolwide needs - can we get teacher ideas on this?
- Remind parents about social distancing after school; and not having indoor playdates / remembering to be safe to keep schools open
VP Finance: Tara McConnell
VP Sponsorships: Maria Aldrich
- Siena Art Portrait Studio gave $600 in credit towards a portrait to each player of the golf tournament; Try to give one to teachers. They may also help with the auction
VP App: Dave, Mary
- PTO Email forwarding to large groups isn’t working (Board@dcespto.org)
- Email email@example.com for web/app needs
- Our Mandarin Rep: Kerry has a PTO email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- http://dcespto.org/partners has a page of links to our retail partners.
- Possible music video later in the year
VP Fall Events: Marissa Anderson
Family fun nights - *Take out nights at restaurants*
- Chick fil A - Total?
- NYPD Total?
- Panera probably will be on 2/8, waiting on confirmation.
- Papa Johns - Scheduling monthly because successful. Will be on the following Mondays: 1/25, 2/22, 3/22, and 4/19. -- let’s coincide one with a game night?
VP Communications/Marketing: Beth and Alicia
- Mid Year Update Flyer
- Highlight/show board members
- Selfie video with each board member - highlight one a week
WE NEED MORE! We have Pres. Finance and Comm Team.
- Email email@example.com for any posting on facebook, insta, email; also forward emails to Laurie Jones;
VP Hospitality: Melanie Frisone and Michelle Wilson
- Holiday Basket Raffle - success
- Early Release Lunches for Professional Development Days
VP Special Projects: Alyson Ashcroft
- Shovels for pre-k and 3rs, contact preschool teachers to see if there’s anything e lse they need to get started.
- Replace shade cover at first grade cove wash stations - ideally done before March. Any other shade structures? Shade sail at first grade cove - permission from it to go from awning to fence (will need to bring out Greg Skelton)
- Shade structure at North Gate where teachers let people out. (Greg Skelton has suggestions for us here as well)
- Look at buying 5th grade cove tree (on hold)
SOL Liaison: Laurie Jones;
- Email Laurie to forward DCES emails to SOL
Mandarin Liaison: Kerry Dandan Sullivan
VP Spring Events : Krista Kotsovos
- Amazing race - Tentative Date: First week in March, need approval for volunteers on campus; Krista to meet with Mrs. Mills to help with planning.
- Online Game night- Late Jan/early Feb? - Co- chairs?, with pizza delivery - Need to advertise co-chair positions!!
- Drive in Movie? - need co chairs
- Considering fun run for April
VP Outreach: Morgan Reader