PTO Board Meeting Minutes - Sept 9, 2020 3:30pm
3/23/2021 6:13 pm
2020-2021 Board Attendees:
Co-Presidents: Laura Weeshoff - Kiki Dupey - Teacher Representative: Holly Hooley - Jamie McCrensky- VP Hospitality: Melanie Frisone - Michelle Wilson - VP Finance: Tara McConnell - VP Fundraising: Maria Aldrich - VP Communications/App: Beth Williams - Alicia Haygood - Mary Olley – Dave McQuiston – VP Spring Events: Krista Kotsovos - VP Fall Events: Marissa Anderson - VP Outreach: Morgan Reader SOL Liaison - Laurie Jones
Prek and 3s are starting next week! Kinder orientation begins next week!
- Water Bottles - water fountains are covered for now. Water dispensers are still functioning. Case of water bottles for each teacher and replenishing first aid kits (crackers)
- Curriculum Night - presentations with a link online
- General update
- Spiritwear orders closed
- Spiritwear distribution - try for October
- PTO Marquis - do we have someone interested in taking this on?
- PTO VP/Liaison for Mandarin Events - Kerry Dandan
- Room parent assignments - at curriculum night? Before curriculum night?
Teacher Representative: Jamie McCrensky and Holly Hooley
- Any needs for opening? Hepa filter/fans? Outdoor benches?
VP Finance: Tara McConnell
- Please submit (non-teacher) reimbursements on the following google form: https://forms.gle/rSAoEpexyvtvTSPu9 (this can also be found at dcespto.org) and in an email sent out today
- Chase Bank Account $68,619.37
- Paypal: $1450.83
- Upcoming expenses:
- - birthday book club bags $704
- - birthday book club bottles: $576
- - spiritwear $5276
- Sponsorships have raised $1400
- Paw partnerships raised $11,560 (vs $13,235 last year)
- Spiritwear raised $8026.50 total
- **Actionable items**:
- - Read Naturally was funded for $700 but the total actually came to $740.72 Can we please vote to raise the budget for this item to $741?
- Brenda has requested additional items for Emergency kits. Each year, we usually replace the crackers and a gallon water bottle in the event of a lockdown. Since parents will not be able to drop off items once school is in session, Brenda has asked us to additionally supply a pack of individual water bottles for each classroom. We can either vote to increase the Emergency kit fund from $50 or we can do what we did last year and create a pandemic fund to cover these items which we wouldn't have in a normal school year.
VP Sponsorships: Maria Aldrich
- Send Mrs. Mills Paw Partnership information so she can share it during curriculum night
VP App: Dave, Mary
- PTO Email forwarding - i.e. firstname.lastname@example.org ; email@example.com
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org for web/app needs
- Verify - SOL families are in our app/receiving emails
VP Fall Events: Marissa Anderson
- Golf fundraiser in the fall?
- Ryan Curran helping.
- Small auction for leftover items - do we want to do this on Facebook, what date?
- Pinetop is October 31 and Troon card is December 31. Omni is April; Southwest tickets, Disney tickets.
- Remember to advertise it ahead of time - at least 1 week in advance
- Family fun nights - *Take out nights at restaurants*(Nicole Quadrini, Meredith McDermott, Jen Simpson)
- Ask Fired Pie for this month on Wednesday the 23rd -
- Early Release Wednesday in October - Peter Piper - with afternoon/evening/all day option
- Try twice a month -with early release Wed and a Friday
- Birthday Book Club
- Oct 16. - Lisa Lee is working with Brandables and has ordered water bottles, drawstring bags, she is also ordering paw print pencils, paw erasers, will use a DCES tattoo, candy and the books we still have
VP Communications: Beth and Alicia
- Highlight/show board members
- Selfie video with each board member - highlight one a week
- Email email@example.com for any posting on facebook, insta, email; also forward emails to Laurie Jones;
- Blog posts topics
VP Hospitality: Melanie Frisone and Michelle Wilson
- Can we do teacher treats when school starts?
- Do something for each grade level as they return, can be delivered to the front office; pre-packaged lunch for example; teachers will have 2 days before they start - they will be on campus prepping
- Add teacher favorite things to the app
VP Special Projects: Alyson Ashcroft
- We are in charge of maintaining butterfly garden and school gardens that we have planted
- Boxes in the fourth grade and kinder cove - has the soil been delivered? Are they still going to use those boxes for Native American Planting in fourth? STEAM planting? 3rd grade garden teas or tasting; We just need to contact Sing Farms
- Katie Perata, Miss Rita, Maria Bauman, Master gardener from Mesa, Nicole Quadrini?
SOL Liaison: Laurie Jones;
- SOL families have a Facebook group
- Email Laurie to forward DCES emails to SOL
VP Spring Events : Krista Kotsovos
- Amazing race in the spring - TBD
VP Outreach: Morgan Reader