PTO Board Meeting Minutes - Aug 12, 2020 3:30pm
3/23/2021 6:08 pm
Wednesday, Aug 12, 2020 3:30 p.m.
2020-2021 Board Attendees:
Co-Presidents: Laura Weeshoff - Kiki Dupey - Teacher Representative: Holly Hooley - Jamie McCrensky- VP Hospitality: Melanie Frisone - Michelle Wilson - VP Finance: Tara McConnell - VP Fundraising: Maria Aldrich - VP Communications/App: Beth Williams - Alicia Haygood - Mary Olley – Dave McQuiston – VP Spring Events: Krista Kotsovos - VP Fall Events: Marissa Anderson - VP Outreach: Morgan Reader Absent: Morgan and Mrs. Hooley
Distribution Phase I - Successful Chromebook and edukit pick up!
- ELD Learning – Zoom links (troubleshooting); there are requirements for synchronous asynchronous learning; if chromebook isn’t working/cord is broken, ok to contact office; also reach out to administration if having difficulty with EDL online; one live and one asynchronous time for specials each week. Microsoft Teams will be updated.
- Distribution Phase II - library staff will take care of it, 2 days from 4-6pm
- Curriculum Night (TBD)
- Limited Appointment positions (Playground position filled); computer lab not needed yet. Consider giving hours to playground coordinator instead of to computer aid
- SOL Liaison – Laurie Jones (invite to pto board meetings)
- Scottdale Parent Council Representatives- Laura and Amanda Schlosser
- Office Remodel - ongoing; Future meeting for shade structures, paint on entry wall
- PTO closet and Art Masterpiece moved to kinder cove - Thank you Kiki!!!
- Signs for front doors of closets
- Spiritwear sales ongoing; - continuing to advertise sales, sales end a week from Friday.
- Spiritwear distribution mid September
- PTO Marquis - do we have someone interested in taking this on?
- PTO VP/Liaison for Mandarin Events
Teacher Representative: Jamie McCrensky and Holly Hooley
VP Finance: Tara McConnell
- Approve Budget https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1IqtIuMUF8pZJfhDoN4mRYe0j6SQ1IDdH4oeS5pM_zVc/edit
- Funds for new teachers at SOL - we will keep it at ½ this semester and ½ 2nd semester
VP Sponsorships: Maria Aldrich; has some commitments already, approximately 4k
- Send Mrs. Mills Paw Partnership information so she can share it during curriculum night
VP App: Dave, Mary
- PTO Email forwarding - i.e. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Retail partners page is up. dcespto.org/partners
- Including Tuft n Needle, Amazon smile
- Email email@example.com for web needs
- Email Alicia and Beth at firstname.lastname@example.org to advertise your upcoming event!
VP Fall Events: Marissa Anderson
- Golf fundraiser in the fall? Ryan Curran?
- Read a- thon with virtual book fair
- Family fun nights - *Take out nights at restaurants*(Nicole Quadrini)
- Birthday Book Club - Oct 16. She has 40 cups ready and will contact Megan Fox re: hats
VP Communications: Beth and Alicia
- Email email@example.com for any posting on facebook, insta, email
VP Hospitality: Melanie Frisone and Michelle Wilson
VP Special Projects: Alyson Ashcroft
- Garden update
- We are in charge of maintaining butterfly garden and school gardens that we have planted
- Katie Perata, Master gardener, Miss Rita, Maria Bauman
VP Spring Events : Krista Kotsovos
- Amazing race in the spring - TBD
VP Outreach: Morgan Reader