DCES PTO NEWSLETTER - September 12th
9/12/2023 10:44 pm
Welcome DCES Families
7/23/2021 10:25 pm
We are so excited to lead PTO this year! We hope you will all become PTO Paw Partners to support our school programs, students, teachers, aides, campus improvements and more!
We want to be sure everyone stays in the loop so, whether you're a new family or returning, we need you to:
- Visit dcespto.org and create or update your account info. **This is the only way to receive PTO emails!** And will include you as a member of our PTO.
- Download the Membership Toolkit App to your phone and log in! Go to the store and buy a Paw Partnership and your favorite spirit wear: shirts, bows, socks, wristbands, blankets and more! Don't forget to purchase a yearbook for your student!
- Remember: Spirit wear purchases end Friday August 13!
- On dcespto.org you'll find our PTO calendar of events, school directory, recent PTO, principal and SUSD updates, our PTO structure, ways to volunteer and more
- Join Desert Canyon Elementary Families Group on Facebook and also look for your grade level group! Follow us on Instagram
- New Families: Check out our New Families PTO Guide found on our website
Monday, August 2nd, 5:00pm- 6:30pm: Meet the Teacher Night!
Spirit Wear will be sold in the cafeteria during that time too!
Wednesday, August 4th, 8:45am - 10:30am (after drop off): "Boohoo Yahoo" Breakfast
Meet up at Mesquite Grill located at the McDowell Mountain Golf Club- Everyone is invited to attend & order their own breakfast or mimosas to celebrate or cry after the first day drop off.
Thursday, August 5th, 5:00-8:00pm: Welcome Back Night at Peter Piper Pizza
Meet new and returning classmates!
Thursday, August 19th, 5:00-5:30pm: PTO Information Session
Come learn about PTO during DCES' curriculum night
Help us sell spirit-wear at our Meet the Teacher Night, August 2nd:
Sign up here: https://www.signupgenius.com/
We have divided up the time slots so you still will have time for you and your student(s) to meet your teacher(s).
Open Chair Positions:
Back to School Bash (Schoolwide Dance) Co-Chairs- (mid September) Duties include hiring DJ/music, decorations, planning food sales/options, determining volunteers needed for food sales and decorations. **This is coming up, please consider volunteering :) **
Golf Tournament Co-Chair - (early December) Reserve course, determine pricing, raffle and work with VP of Fundraising on sponsors
Gala - Dinner/Auction Co-Chairs (April) - Plan parent and teacher dinner and fundraiser at the end of the year that includes live and silent auction at a restaurant/venue
Open Executive Board position:
Co-VP of Special Projects - Oversees on campus improvements and on campus projects like our garden program; attends monthly executive board meeting on Mondays after school.
If you are interested in a Chair or Board position please email email@example.com or tell a board member!
Laura Weeshoff and Katie Makelele
PTO Co-PresidentsRead More
Annual Verification Packet 2021
8/18/2020 7:36 pm
please log into your ParentVue account to complete the Annual Verification Packet for your current students. The forms you will need to update include the parent/student information, emergency contacts, health history form, and our SUSD Code of Conduct.
If you need an activation key for your ParentVUE account, please contact the front office.
Clink <Online Registration> on the top right corner.
Under Please select the online packet you would like to begin:
Select <2021-2022 Annual Verification Packet> for current student or new enrollmentRead More